This is one of the greens (Palak Keerai) available in South India. You can use Spinach as well. (approx. 80 grams).
Hand full of Cilantro (Coriandar Leaves). (approx. 15 grams).
Few Curry Leaves. If you like curry leaves, you can add more. (approx. 5 grams).
Remove the skin and chop Ginger into small pieces. (approx. 5 grams).
Take half of a well grown coconut and cut the white portion into small pieces. (approx. 100 grams)
- Add water to the cut coconut pieces and ginger, grind using a mixer grinder or powerful blender.
- Using a clean cloth, filter out the coconut milk.
- You can add water to the filtered coconut dust and extract milk once again. (I will not suggest packaged coconut milk for this recipe, though it will taste the same)
- Add the Palak Keerai, Cilantro and Curry leaves to the coconut milk and blend till you get deep green color juice.
- With a clean cloth, filter out only the juice.
- Add two pinches of Salt and Pepper, while serving.
- This recipe is filled with so much nutrients that I want to drink this everyday.
|Water||141.20 g||Vitamin A, RAE||426.02 µg|
|Energy||387.76 kcal||Vitamin A, IU||8519.27 µg|
|Protein||6.44 g||Vitamin B1, Thiamin||0.13 mg|
|Fat||34.00 g||Vitamin B2, Riboflavin||0.20 mg|
|Carbohydrates||21.15 g||Vitamin B3, Niacin||1.45 mg|
|Fibers||11.85 g||Vitamin B5, Pantothenic acid||0.46 mg|
|Sugars||6.79 g||Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine||0.23 mg|
|Minerals||Vitamin B7, Biotin||0 mg|
|Calcium, Ca||149.98 mg||Vitamín B9, Folate||195.92 µg|
|Iron, Fe||5.04 mg||Vitamin B12, Cobalamins||0 µg|
|Magnesium, Mg||105.16 mg||Vitamin C, Ascorbic acid||30.28 mg|
|Phosphorus, P||165.53 mg||Vitamin D, Calciferol||0 µg|
|Potassium, K||914.59 mg||Vitamin E, Tocopherol||2.26 mg|
|Sodium, Na||90.95 mg||Vitamin K, Phylloquinone||434.66 µg|
|Zinc, Zn||1.64 mg||Lipids|
|Copper, Cu||0.60 mg||Saturated Fatty acids||29.76 g|
|Manganese, Mn||2.42 mg||Mono-Unsaturated Fatty acids||1.48 g|
|Selenium, Se||11.12 µg||Poly-Unsaturated Fatty acids||0.51 g|